Sunday, May 4, 2008

Zuma Beach




John and I spent a few hours this afternoon at Zuma Beach in Malibu. We had a lot of fun, it was a great beach! Neither of us had ever been to Zuma Beach, so we pulled over at the northern tip of the beach. I think next time we might try and get a spot a little south of where we were this time. There seemed to be more people watching opportunities at the other end of the beach. I don't know about you, but when I go to the beach, I am all about people watching. I want to see people of all shapes and sizes wearing bathing suits of all shapes and sizes. My dad and I like to joke about getting a picture of someone roller skating at Venice Beach in nothing but a thong bikini or speedo. As far as I am concerned, this blog will be a success as soon as I am able to post said Venice Beach-thong suit-skating photo. There is nothing more "California" to me than near nude roller skating at the beach. Anyway, I'm getting off course here. Back to Zuma Beach.... There were quite a few surfers out which was fun to watch. It was nice and warm, John had no problems falling asleep in the sun:) We brought our cooler and ended up having a nice picnic lunch on the beach. I think we'd like to get an umbrella for shade, and some lounge chairs. After the beach, we drove to the Santa Monica REI. John had a bunch of gift certificates to use. I checked out beach cruiser bikes (that is my wish for my birthday this year, along with world peace, of course). My ideal cruiser would be a bright baby blue, with some white accents, white wall tires, and a white wire basket with a bell.

Today was a great day!

P.S. Last night, John and I spent a great evening with Kari and her boyfriend, Bob. We had an awesome time catching up! Spotted my first A-list celebrity while we were out! Vince Vaughn! We were at a wine bar in the Los Feliz neighborhood, and he and his friend came in to the bar but there were no tables available so they left.

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I think I might have receive a postcard from you back in the day of a nude beach roller skater. Classic.

jess said...

Yeah, I'm sure I've sent you a postcard similar to that. That sounds like something I might have done, or will do in the future:)