Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Getty Museum......Take Four!!

Apparently I love the Getty Museum! Today I went there for the 4th time with John's mom, Charlotte. It is always so beautiful when I go there, and each trip it gets better and better. We managed to tackle all four pavilions, which was quite surprising. We focused on the European paintings, and just did an overview of all the other things (antiques, French furniture, and decorative arts). The outside garden center was amazing, as usual. The picture above was taken at the south pavilion, that is downtown Los Angeles in the distance.
Little trivia for the day....what is the state flower of California? You are looking at it, the golden poppy. I tried to take some close up shots of some flowers, but none of them came out very well. I need to get a better lens to take close up shots.
Charlotte loved the poppies as well. We decided it would be a great job to be a gardener at the Getty. It always seems so peaceful and calm.
The picture above is in front of the water feature by the West pavilion. We spent about half of our day outside, and enjoyed a nice lunch under the shade of an oversized umbrella.
I'll try and refrain from doing any more Getty posts for awhile. Chris is coming to visit in mid-June though, and I am sure we will check out the Getty at some point during her visit:) I will try and focus my photos on something else for that trip, like the outdoor sculptures or something along those lines.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Getty museum? I was planning on spending my whole visit liking yule log crumbs off the bottom of the oven.