Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wanted: Mach 3 Turbo

It is no secret that a lot of females get their eyebrows waxed, myself included. Frida was a beautiful woman, but her brows? Not so much. So I have been on the hunt for a respectable salon since I arrived here. It has been a couple months since I've had my brows weed wacked, so I figured it was time for me to take the hunt more seriously. Yesterday I found a cool place a couple store fronts down from our private mail box place. Everything looked modern and clean on the inside, so I took the chance. I have never had a horrible brow waxing experience, but I have liked some more than others.
So I go into the back waxing room, and the lady is super nice. I can't understand a word she is saying, but she has a smile on her face, and we are speaking in the universal language of hand gestures and one word answers. Everything is hunky dorey until the end when she asks me, in plain English, "you want upper lip done?" WTF? Excuse me? I'm sorry, say that again. I tell her no, but then I'm all in my head thinking.....do I have a mustache? Have I had a mustache and never noticed? Have my friends been laughing behind my back for years about my mustache? Do they have a nickname for me that I don't know about, like Genghis, or Handlebars, or Fu Manchu? I'm crossing my fingers no. I don't want to end up looking like this guy......
When I went to pay, the wax was only $15 dollars! And it was a good wax! I used to pay a lot more than that it Seattle. I guess I can handle a bit of verbal abuse and self esteem slam for a $15 eyebrow wax:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, don't worry about that...I've been asked if I'm pregnant at the dentist's office TWICE in the past 6 months. You know, 1 fat day is one thing, but... So, I feel your pain!

Kim Hayes said...

she's trying to up sale you... at least she didn't offer up the Brazilian! Snap!