Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's been a great week.....


Casey and Kim were here!! I was so excited to have visitors from Seattle! I've been pretty homesick the past couple weeks, so they came just in time to put a huge smile on my face. They arrived on Monday afternoon and stayed until Thursday morning. On Monday we just kicked it around our house, I showed them our neighborhood, we had lunch and beers, hung out by the pool for an hour or two, then we rounded out the evening with an awesome grilled dinner courtesy of John. On Tuesday we headed out to the beach. We drove down to Santa Monica, then took the Pacific Coast highway up to Malibu. We spent a little over an hour at Zuma Beach, then went in to Malibu for some super good mexican food at a place called Howdy's. I will definitely be going back to Howdy's, delicious. On our drive back to Valencia, I managed to burn my driving arm, I still haven't quite caught on to the fact that I need to be putting sunscreen on other parts of my body that aren't my face. On Wednesday we went to the Getty Museum. I love that place!! I have been there three times now, and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of all that there is to see there. Probably because I can't get myself to go inside for very long! The architecture is amazing, as are the gardens. I have included some photos of the museum, although they don't really do the place justice. It is a must see!!
The museum sits atop a huge hill, the view of Los Angeles from the Getty is awesome. You can see a bit of the view in the above picture.

I'll post some more photos.......

No comments: