Sunday, May 11, 2008

Venice Beach

John and I spent the afternoon exploring all that Venice Beach has to offer. Beach? Check. Densely populated street vendors? Check. Entertaining street performers? Check. Random, crazy people? Check. Possibly the best people watching in California? Double check!! We arrived around noon and strolled down Ocean Front Walk, taking in the sights and smells along the way. It was awesome until I had to use the public restrooms. Yikes. Not good. I will have the vision of the restroom burned in to my memory for quite awhile. Note to self: do not drink coffee while driving to Venice Beach. I'm sure I'll get over it, but I'd like to get a full physical and gynecological exam as soon as possible.
John and I enjoyed lunch, beers, and more people watching at an outdoor cafe at the north end of Ocean Front Walk. There was live music and plenty of dogs for me to go ga-ga over. This little lady was sitting next to us. She was just chillin', taking in the scenery.
Can't read the sign? Let me clear it up for you. It says 'eat shit and die satan'. I'm not sure what was going on in this street vendors booth. The general theme seemed to be peace, love, earth, faith, and poo eating by the underlord. Any way you slice it......awesome.
Check it out! It is C3PO and R2D2. John and I found these super cool Star Wars characters at a shop. There are constructed out of nuts and bolts, and other tiny pieces of metal. They had other characters, but these ones were by far the coolest.
More Venice Beach to follow.....

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

I can't wait to see my pie in person. We totally have to go there on my visit. Plus, that beer looks all to tasty. And Yes, you can "pie" via blog. But I feel you may have an unfair advantage. I may need to make a trip up to Marysville.