Friday, May 30, 2008

Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky.......

Last night I saw one of my favorite bands, REM, play at the Hollywood Bowl. It was amazing! I fell in love with the band all over again. Kari was able to get us great box seats (Thank you, Kari!!!). We weren't so close that we could see sweat beads drop off Michael Stipe's face, but we were close enough to make it an incredible experience. The sound quality at the Hollywood Bowl is just awesome, I don't think I have ever been at a venue where the band sounded so clear. The National opened, as did Modest Mouse. Both were good, but REM definitely stole the show. They played a great mix of old favorites, along with songs from their recent release, Accelerate. They played my two favorite songs of all time, Fall On Me and The One I Love, so I was super happy. Admittedly, I have never been a big fan of the song What's the Frequency, Kenneth?, but I am now. I think I must have just missed the boat initially on that song. Anyway, it was an amazing show!!! I am looking forward to going to more shows at the Hollywood Bowl!!
Here is a shot of the Hollywood Bowl. We were sitting in the box seat area, around the middle left.
We saw a few famous peeps while we were at the show, as well as some folks that just looked really important (read: kinda douchey).
Celeb sighting #1: Mary-Louise Parker. You may know here from her current show on Showtime called Weeds, which supposedly is partially filmed in the Santa Clarita area where John and I live.
Celeb sighting #2: Mary-Kate or Ashley. Apparently there was an Olson twin sighting, but admittedly I was using the restroom when it happened. Kari described it as a mess of hair and big sunglasses. We aren't sure which twin it was.
Celeb sighting #3: Connie Britton. Okay, so some of you are probably like, who the heck is Connie Britton? I used to watch the show Spin City all the time (1996-2002), and she played Michael J. Fox's secretary on the show. I guess recently she played a character on the show Friday Night Lights.

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Jealous about REM! Don't you remember asking Paula's brother "what's the frequency Kenneth"? I think there is a story behind that line, something about some freak show asking that to Dan Rather, or something weird like that. I'll have to look it up.