Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Livin' la vida SoCal......

Yes, those are flowers on my toes. This morning I indulged in a manicure and pedicure. It was heavenly. There is something very relaxing about soaking your feet in sea salts and reading celebrity gossip magazines. Is Jessica Simpson still hung up on John Mayer? I don't know US Weekly, please divulge. Are Audrina and LC on the outs? Not sure, but I think I'm about to find out. While enjoying my relaxing soak and scrub, I couldn't help but look at the feet of the gentleman in the chair next to me. Holy sh!t, he had some wickedly calloused feet. The woman asked if he wanted the callouses removed and he said yes. Little did I know what kind of a visual treat I was in for. She squirted some gel like clear liquid into her hands, covered his feet with the gel, then wrapped his feet in saran wrap. About 5 minutes later she took off the wrap, and started filing. This woman was super hard core because seriously, I had to look the other way. That gel must be equivalent to battery acid, because there was serious skin peeling away from this guys foot. It was like watching a snake molt. Totally gross, but fascinating, all at the same time. Eww....I still have a visual of the pile of skin shavings in my mind. And his foot? It was like rebirthed. Shiny, new, pink skin, just waiting to experience the world.
As you can tell, I have officially sunk in to the life of an unemployed drain on society. I wouldn't use the term maggot quite yet, I am still a moral, respectable person. I'll bring it all back here in a few weeks, don't worry.... But for now? I'm going to enjoy my time off:)

4 comments:

Kaijsa said...

If indulging in pedicures is wrong, I don't want to be right. Your toes look lovely!

S and J said...

So I'm always needing good detailed stories for my lack-luster sophomores to read and take note of. Can I use this one. The details actually made my butt pucker.

Gina Lillie said...

It reminded me of the time you were grossed out about my neighbor feet and told Sarah and I how they looked like your 90 year old grandmas toes, and something about Lost Boys. Gross.

jess said...

Hey Sarah,

Sure, you can use my blog entries to educate the youth of tomorrow. Nothing would please me more than my morbid world view being embraced by the next generation!