Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I don't drive fast.....I fly low......

Have you ever seen a license plate frame that makes you wonder what kind of person is driving the car? Seriously people, a lame license plate frame is just inviting people to make snap judgements about you. I saw one today that said the following: "Every bad girl needs a good spanking." Really? Do you really want to announce that to the world? Come on people, reel yourself in a little. Save that kinda stuff for your sweetie. What am I supposed to do with that information? I really don't feel comfortable finding out the nuances of your personal life while I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic rolling home from Pasadena. Then I see the woman that is driving the car, I get visuals in my head, ugh, my drive home is ruined. Another one that manages to get under my skin: "I'm not a brat! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not!" One word: why? Why do you feel it necessary to let other drivers know you are high maintenance? A couple months ago I saw one while I was driving in to Los Angeles, it was on a low rider truck...."No fat chicks, my dubs will rub." Okay, so I'll give the dude creativity points for the "dubs" and the "rubs", but come on! What if your own sweet, dear mother is packin' a spare tire or two? Is she banned from said truck because she might tarnish your dubs? I had seen a variation of that one on another meat-head driven low rider back in my high school days circa 1994: "No fat chicks, they make my truck scrape." Awesome buddy. Call me in 10 years so we can talk about the quality of the chicks you're dating. A few more phrases to leave off your vehicle: "Keep honking, I'm reloading", "0 to bitch in 3.5 seconds", "In case of emergency, administer chocolate", and "Out of my way, I need a latte". You're next bumpersticker, I've got my eye on you........

6 comments:

Kaijsa said...

You're so right. And how about those, "my other car is a...)? Dumb.

Anonymous said...

So true, don't get the appeal at all.

"my other car is a broom" i'm a witch, get it? ;)
"my third grader can beat up your third grader" so, your kid is a bully?

i don't even like alumni stickers.

jess said...

True dat, ladies! I prefer to keep my car as bare as possible. Hope you both have great 4th of July weekends!!

Gina Lillie said...

I would like to add rubber testicles that hang from the hitch of your truck are equally as annoying. What does that really say about a person? I love fake balls?

Melanie said...

Or, "I heart my dog head!"

Okay, unrelated... thanks for finding and saying hi on the Oxford blog! You rule!

Anonymous said...

I love fake balls! I have a pair of rubber balls hanging from the trailer hitch of my 1996 honda that my sister gave me, so back off. They drag when I drive over the speed bumps at the starbucks drive thru.

"Uh, yeah, can i have an americano aaannndd a napkin to blot the dirt your speed bump left on my new rubber balls. No I dont want a free Brandi Crlisle download."