Monday, June 30, 2008

Boring week....great weekend!!

Not too many adventures to report from last week. I put my nose to the grindstone in regards to the job search......and.......I accepted an offer today!! I'll give more details about the job in person, to those people interested. I don't want this blog and my work life to entertwine in any way, shape, or form. Anyway, it is a relief to have something lined up. It will make my last few weeks of freedom that much sweeter.

This past weekend John and I spent the entire weekend together. It was nice since he was out of town on business the previous two weekends. On Saturday morning we drove down to Santa Monica for John's rowing class, Indo-Row. The founder of Indo-Row is one of John's childhood friends from Manchester, MA. John takes the class every Thursday night and Saturday morning. When John is rowing, I usually hang out at a Pete's coffee, and see if I can spot any celebs. Unfortunately, no sightings this weekend:( After the class was over, we headed up north to Malibu for an afternoon at the beach. It was an AWESOME day at Zuma. John and I set up our stuff and managed to spend almost 4 hours just hanging out, relaxing, reading, and swimming in the ocean. The water was so cool and refreshing, I can't wait to go back. Funniest part about the whole afternoon? I was shat on by a seagull!! What are the odds? The reason why it was so funny to us was because we actually talked about it like an hour before it actually happened. I was talking to John and mid-sentence I felt some droplets on me, looked down and I had a present on my shoulder and thigh. Way cool seagulls, way cool.... Saturday night we had dinner at a restaurant close to our place called South Pointe, then hopped over to the movie theater to and saw Get Smart. Entertaining. On Sunday morning we headed over to La Crescenta to visit some friends who just had their third child, a little baby girl. She'll be a lucky girl with two big brothers to take care of her. Sunday afternoon John and I relaxed and got some stuff done around the house. A fun, mellow weekend!!

Sorry, no pictures to share this post! But I will definitely have some pictures to post after this coming weekend! Let's see...... I get to see a bunch of folks this weekend....... Gina, Demian, Atticus, Paula, Kim, Casey, Nic, Heather, possibly Emmy, Brian, and Naomi, and definitely Rik and Shelley. It should be a super fun weekend, and I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Kaijsa said...

Hey, congrats on the new job! I'll have to get the details in email. Welcome back to the world of the working stiff!

Anonymous said...

Love that I found out about this through google alert. Thanks for the mention about Indo-Row. John is becoming quite the manchine in there.
Love the shot of you two from Halloween.... I presume. Talk soon.
Check out my blog that I just started
It's about my road to Ironmnan.
http://jcrosby2008.blogspot.com/

Cheers. Josh

Gina Lillie said...

Way to go! Can't wait to see you and hear all about it.