Monday, June 2, 2008

So long life of leisure!!

It has been a relaxing 2.5 months off of work! But soon it will be time for me to enter the working world again. I started the application process with the California BOP back in October, and 8 months later I finally have my California license in my hands. Needless to say, this little piece of paper was the cause of much grief and frustration for me, and I am relieved to have the whole experience behind me. Now that I am licensed, I can get more serious about my job search. Gone will be the days of sleeping in, lounging in the sun by the pool, reading gossip magazines, and watching cinematic atrocities like Coyote Ugly (shame on you John Goodman!). Admittedly, I have even sat through portions of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, as well as Hannah Montana. Side note: I don't really understand the deal with all the hype on her, but then again, I am about 20 years older than her target audience. I am actually looking forward to making the change from unemployed girlfriend to contributing member of the household and society. I am sure John is *really* looking forward to me paying half the rent!! I think working will be good for my social life as well. Being unemployed, I have quite a bit of time to think about all my friends and family back in Seattle, and how much I miss everyone. It will be nice to meet some new people and hopefully make new friends in this area. I still have a couple weeks to enjoy this rare break in the rat race. With that said, I better get back downstairs, Weekend at Bernie's is on!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA! No shame in a little Coyote Ugly. Seriously, has vh1 become the Coyote Ugly network? It is on constantly. Shame on you, John Goodman, indeed. Deadliest Catch marathons on Discovery are a good alternative. I know all this and am actually employed...

Gina Lillie said...

I am right there with you sister. My TV vice has been Law and Order SVU. I think I have seen every episode. You know you have watched too much TV when you've seen the same show on the same day. Good luck with the job hunt