Monday, June 16, 2008

Last visit to the Getty for awhile.....

Chris and I made a trip to the Getty Museum on Sunday. It was gorgeous up there, as usual! The sky looked amazing, lots of bright blue with contrasting white fluffy clouds.
Here is a shot of Chris near the cacti gardens.
My attempt at taking a picture from a perspective other than my own. I like the way the yellow looks against the blue and white of the sky.
More of the flower gardens.....
I'm hoping that this will be my last trip to the Getty for awhile:) Not that I don't love it there, but I have been there 4 times in less than two months. I've been there so much I have started to critique art that I have no right to critique. Example: I told my sister that Claude Monet "phoned in" his painting titled Sunrise. What can I say? It isn't one of my favorites:)

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Looks like you are getting the hang of that camera. Glad you had a good visit with Tinny.

Kaijsa said...

Ha! I love your art criticism! Seriously, I have to agree that Monet was phoning it in on more than one painting. Way to beat a dead horse, Claude.