Thursday, July 10, 2008

Move over, Chihuly......

While John and I were at Rik and Shelley's house over the holiday weekend, we spent an afternoon blowing glass. This was my first experience making anything glass related, and it was pretty cool. I made two glasses (with lots of assistance and wisdom from Rik, Shelley, and John!).
The clear glass on the left was my first attempt, it is what I am making in the top photo. The red speckled glass on the right is my second attempt. I knew the skills involved with glass blowing were fairly intense, but I had no idea how difficult it was until I actually tried it. It was really cool, and it will be fun to try it again at some point!

If you'd like to check out some of Rik and Shelley's work, click here.

2 comments:

Kaijsa said...

Dale had better watch his back (and his patch), because that red glass is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I think a new career has just presented itself on the, er...window-sill! Very cool!