Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scrappin' por mi madre

My mom is turning 60 in August, and for her birthday I am surprising her with a scrapbook. So far in my scrapping adventures, I've only scrapped for myself. This will be my first attempt at making something for someone else. If you know my mom, then you know that this here scrapbook will produce some serious waterworks. She loves homemade stuff, and has the crafting knack herself, so I know that she will really appreciate the gift. Here are a couple pages I have made so far:
This page I named "Lucky Me"....the pictures were taken when my parents came to visit at the end of April 2008. My dad took these pictures while we were at the beach in Ventura.
More of a close up shot of "Lucky Me".
"Love You Mom" features a picture of my sister and I at a birthday party we went to at the Capitol Club in Seattle, circa fall 2005.
Close up of "Love You Mom".
"Peggy's Cove" is my first attempt at a two-sided page. The photos were taken on a trip my parents took to visit relatives in Canada. Sometimes I really like simple pages, with not too many embellishments, especially when the pictures are great. This is one of those times.
Close up of the left side of "Peggy's Cove", my Dad and Uncle Guy.
Close up of the right side of "Peggy's Cove", the lighthouse at sunset.
The scrapbook store in Valencia, called Remember When...Scrapbooking, puts together a page each week called "Page of the Week", surprise surprise. Anyway, this layout is from one of their pages of the week, for Mother's Day. The pictures were taken in Seattle, Christmas 2007.

3 comments:

Kaijsa said...

This is a really sweet gift! Your mom will love it.

Anonymous said...

Daannng! You've been busy! Your mom is totally gonna cry.

Anonymous said...

You are nuts, sister! She is going to cry her eyes out, which will make you cry too!