Monday, July 14, 2008

Bed head and other stuff.....


Sunday morning, John went to Western Bagel and bought us some bagels and lox for breakfast. While he was there he also picked up some chocolate milk. After breakfast, John crashed out on the couch and slept for another hour or two. I was upstairs fiddling around on the computer and I heard him climb the stairs. I met him, and his insane post-nap hairdo, at the top of the stairs. He looked crazed, I tell ya! Part confusion, part post-nap haze, it was glorious. As well as hilarious. And the first thing out of his mouth? "I shouldn't have had the chocolate milk." Like the chocolate milk did this to him.......awesome.

The rest of the weekend was fun! Saturday we packed a picnic lunch and spent the afternoon at the beach. Have I told you how much fun I am having living so close to the beach? I love it. The water is so incredibly refreshing, and it is super fun to just hang out and let the waves crash over you. Saturday evening we met up with some new friends at a pub in Santa Clarita called The Londoner. We hung out, dranks some beers, and watched a great cover band called The Grizwalds play. Sunday afternoon John and I drove down to the Venice Beach area for a baby shower for one of John's friends from childhood, Josh, and his wife Amy. I was able to meet a few of the people that John rows with, which was nice, names to faces, plus the weather was just gorgeous. Sunday evening we walked across the street to the movie theater and saw Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Entertaining for sure. Lots of the interesting looking creatures. Lots of action.

3 comments:

Kaijsa said...

Hey, I saw Hellboy 2 on Sunday evening, too! I didn't get any beach action, though. Jealous.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Sounds like you and John are really enjoying life in sunny Cali! Can't wait to see some new scrapping material about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

saucem.

hey- where did you get the ben kweller song? i need it.

btw- is it just me or is that damn word verification hard to read?