Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I got skills, yo!

It is not a secret that I love Cost Plus World Market. I could spend hours in that store looking at everything from furniture, to rugs, to knick knacks, to greeting cards, to strange things from other parts of the world. I have been compiling a list of some furniture items that I'd like to get once I start working again. Yesterday I bought the Soho bookcase and put it together all by myself. It ended up being a lot less confusing and time consuming than some of the furniture I've put together in the past (I'm talking about you IKEA, yeah you!).

Jig-saw puzzle stage. I had to bring those pieces in one at a time from the garage, they are not lightweight.
So far, so good.
Alright, not bad, just need to stand it up at this point. Note to self: lift from the knees, not the back.
And voila! Now how am I going to get this upstairs?........

Next on the list? The Lugano dining table. I don't think I'll be putting that one together myself:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the IKEA furniture being torturous to put together. I think they secretly put in an extra piece as well as a hidden camera and then sit back and laugh like hell when we (yes, I speak from experience) can't figure out where that extra damn thing goes. Very nice book shelf...fine construction if I do say so myself. :)

jess said...

I concur, my friend! I love the IKEA hidden camera idea! I'm sure they roll those clips at the IKEA employee Christmas parties. Hope all is well in Montana!

Gina Lillie said...

What's with the IKEA directions having an armless blob with a stupid grin on it's face. Do people in Sweden not have arms? I hate that blob whoever he is.

Anonymous said...

I likey the new book shelve. We are headed to Cost Plus today to spend our G/C... I think. I want that damn table- but I think we are getting a TV stand. I'm glad to hear it's easier than Ikea furniture. Ikea has almost single handedly (did I spell that right?) ruined my marriage. Damn the sweeds!

Anonymous said...

Nice work Jess! I didn't realize you were so talented in the furniture assembly department. It's a good looking book shelf. Maybe I need to take a trip to Cost Plus too.