Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More pages......

The layout above is a technique I scraplifted from a layout I saw in the August 2008 edition of Creating Keepsakes magazine. I modified it a bit though. I made the tree out of patterned paper and epoxy buttons. The picture was taken at my parents house in May 2008. Left to right: Dad, Mom, Chris, Mike, Uncle Tom, and Aunt Judy.
Close up shot of the tree. I had a great time making it. The quote at the bottom of the layout: Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family (Anthony Brandt).
"Frank Loves Grandma" is my first attempt at using my sewing machine on a layout. I am happy with the results! I stitched around the patterned paper and around Frank's photo.
Close up of "Frank Loves Grandma", you can see the stitching a bit more clearly in this shot.

3 comments:

Kaijsa said...

Hey, crafty lady! These pages look great. I'm impressed! But I have to tell you that the word "scraplifted" made me snort out loud. Painfully.

Gina Lillie said...

Your pages look great! And, what book would be complete with out a picture of Frank! Can't wait to hear how much your mom loves it.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I love the tree layout - I may have to steal that one too! If I ever get around to making another page : ) I guess I need the crummy weather to be in the mood to scrap.