Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What goes around, comes around.....

I remember my first pair of Converse All Stars..... I was probably in 8th or 9th grade, definitely still rockin' MJHS, that is for sure. They were white. I wore the $hit out of those shoes, they were on my feet 24/7 for a few years, with breaks in between for various Birkenstocks, and another pair of kick ass olive green All Stars. I took a black Sharpie to them at one point and drew in some of my own teenage angsty artwork. There was probably a Red Hot Chili Peppers symbol in there somewhere. Those were the days. My youthful days where my feet could withstand absolutely no arch support whatsoever in a shoe.

Recently, I've seen a resurgence of these iconic shoes. When I'm out and about, I see more and more people wearing the white, black, and blue colored models. I decided to try on a pair for old times sake today while I was at Northgate Mall. Wow, tremendously uncomfortable, but still super cool. I passed on purchasing them though because I just can't justify buying shoes without any sort of arch support any more. It is official, I am getting old. In my profession, I am on my feet the entire workday, no joke. The only time I sit down is when I take my lunch break. With that in mind, the last few years I have taken great care of my feet. Converse All Stars no longer fall in to that 'great care of the feet' category, unfortunately.

So, here's to you old skool white Converse All Stars from days past..... I'll miss you, but I've moved on.

.......but these would be super cute to wear with my spring time work attire! Love the black on black. If only orthotics fit in these bad boys, I'd be set......

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

This post broke my heart a little.

jess said...

Yeah, a little part of me died yesterday....single tear....

Kaijsa said...

You know, I was just wearing some ancient Pumas (Californias) today and thinking they were pretty comfy. Then I thought about maybe getting some Vans or some Cons again. You have convinced me this would be a bad move. The last thing I need is more shoes with no support, but man I miss those kicks.