Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Night Scrap..........

Gina and I got together to do some scrappin' this evening....super fun! Back in November I had taken some pictures of Atticus, Gina, Paula, and I that came out really well. I've been itching to do some layouts using the photos from that particular day. I ended up finishing one layout that I titled "Lucky Me".
I used paper and some chipboard embellishments from DCWV's Green Stack. The paper and chipboard embellishments have a fun, cartoony, woodland creature type theme. The JoAnn Fabrics in my 'hood is a little on the lame side, so I had to journey up to the JoAnn Fabrics in Lynnwood to get this sweet stack! Luckily I don't live too close to the JoAnn Fabrics Superstore because it would be trouble if I did. So much stuff there.
I also used a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Journaling Ticket for my journaling area, as well as some Tim Holtz Idea-ology spinners and fasteners. Pewter photo anchors (see top photograph) are by Making Memories. "Lucky Me" was a really fun layout to make, and I'm excited about using more of from DCWV's Green Stack in future layouts.
I put together a really quick Frank layout using a "I Love My Cat" double-page kit from Scrapbook Pad in Shoreline. I'm not in love with the layout, but it was fun to put together. Single-page or double-page kits are great when you aren't feeling the creative flow, but I can't help but feel like I'm taking the easy way out. I modified the embellishments a bit, left some out that came with the kit, and added some of my own in to the mix. I think at this point I have exhausted all possible photos of Frank from his photo shoot with Kim. I'll have to start using some of my own less awesome photos for future Frizz layouts:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

or we could just do some more frizzle pic's!

jess said...

Yes, we should definitely do some more Frizzle shots! Maybe my next weekend off? Hopefully the sun will be out for some good indoor light.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any blog posts about Frizzle's 15 minutes of fame on the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee yet! I see he's still there... So handsome!

jess said...

I know! I can't figure out how to take the screen shot of the website and post it on my blog. I'm technologically impaired apparently. He is a handsome bastard isn't he?