Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pinball Face-Off #1

Brenda and I have been talking mad $hit over Facebook the last week or so regarding our mini-pinball tournament at Shorty's. Friday night the tourny finally came to fruition! We carb loaded beforehand at Mama's on 2nd Ave, tacos and margaritas are the pinball fuel of choice. When we arrived, I decided to juice up with probably the worst gin & tonic I have ever had in my life. It was like drinking straight bottle shelf gin. Ugh, still trying to get the taste out of my mouth. Needless to say, I drank about two swallows and abandoned it. After cashing in a $5 bill in to quarters, we were ready.....game on! As you can tell from our facial expressions, we were pretty excited about the event.
First we hit up Addams Family. That game hates me. Seriously. Brenda wiped the floor with me, 3 for 3 for Brenda. Then we moved onto some Medieval Madness, Star Trek, Family Guy, and finally Indiana Jones. Dr. Jones can suck on it because not only did it cost 75 cents per game, but the game destroyed both Brenda and I. Not a good showing for either of us with regards to the Holy Grail.
Brenda definitely ended up winning Pinball Face-Off #1! But if we would have been playing Family Guy and Arabian Nights, I would have taken the trophy hands down!! Brenda pretty much dominates when it comes to Addams Family, Star Trek, and Medieval Madness. I think Family Guy is more my speed because they have a "Fart Multiball". How funny is that?

Tinner and Mike met up with us for some pinball tom foolery. Chris managed to destroy Brenda and I on Medieval Madness.
That is a picture showing my distain of Indiana Jones. Not sure if you can see the scores in the picture but they are as follows: Brenda 15.2 million, Jess 1.7 million. Thumbs down is right. And here is the picture that Brenda had been waiting to take all night........
That is me standing next to the nasty hotdogs under the heat lamp. We had been joking all week that loser of the tournament had to eat a stale hotdog from under the lamp. Luckily Brenda loves me and didn't make me eat one of them, I just had to have my picture next to it. I'll let you know how Pinball Face-Off #2 goes, let's just say I'll be training for this round!

2 comments:

Kaijsa said...

My fave pinball game was Twilight Zone. That was seriously hard shit, there. YMMV. The only redeeming quality Dante's had was a TZ game--don't know if it's still there. When I lived in the UD, I'd sometimes go down there during the day, by myself, and play pinball. That's some serious boredom and lonliness, there.

Anonymous said...

TZ was good. Also The Creature from the Black Lagoon is an oldie and a goodie.