Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mayhem, madness, and destruction were never so much fun!

A few nights ago, I met up with Mike and Chris at Shorty's in Belltown. Shorty's is known for their pinball arcade in the back, past the bar, as well as their clown art abundance.....creepy.

My love affair with pinball started back in the mid-to-late 90's when I was living in Bellingham, going to Western. Brenda, Russ, and I used to meet up for lunch a few times a week in the Viking Union and then go play pinball in the arcade on campus. Nerd alert! Loved it!

My favorite pinball game of all time? Attack from Mars. This pinball game is awesome. My second favorite pinball game? Addams Family. Shorty's didn't have the original Attack from Mars game, but they did have a newer version called Revenge from Mars. Not as fun as the original game, a little too high tech for me. The video screen in the actual game is very distracting.

At some point in my life, I would love to own a pinball game, and I would love that pinball game to be Attack from Mars. Do you know what IPDB stands for? Neither did I until about 5 minutes ago.....Internet Pinball Database. A website that lists pinball games. Double nerd alert! I found the listing for Attack from Mars....apparently it has an "average fun rating" of 8.3 (out of a possible 10). Not too shabby!
New Years resolution #5,382 for 2009.....play more pinball.....it is good for the soul.

4 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Remember that pinball machine in my parent's basement? I loved that thing.
Pinball + 32oz screwdrivers = tons of fun.

Anonymous said...

aw jess, that is the single best blog post in the history of blog posts. it totally brought back the chinging sound of the glorious machine and the tangy smell of a tofu teriaki bowl. (remember how good those were?!)

i am totally joining you in pinball madness again. whattya doin next week? meet up at Shortys?

Anonymous said...

That was fun! Shorty's anytime, sister!

Anonymous said...

I want in on pinball too. Keep me in the loop.