Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thinking ahead............

As the year wraps up to a close, I'm thinking to the year ahead. What sort of resolutions do I want to make? One thing that I always suck at is coming up with a great Halloween costume. I usually have grandiose plans to come up with the most kick ass costume ever, and it, of course, never pans out. For a number of years I've had plans of sewing myself a Dorothy from The Wizard of OZ costume, I even bought the pattern. Let's be serious, that is never going to happen. One costume that I've also always talked about doing seems like it might actually be fun to put together....Angus Young from AC/DC. I even just found a website on the necessary items that need to come together for an Angus Young costume.
You're probably saying to yourself...."Huh, I never knew Jess was such an AC/DC fan." Well, you are right. I'm not a huge AC/DC fan, but I think Angus Young is pretty cool. The fact that he wears a schoolboy-uniform on stage all the time is wild, and I dig the look.
I've found some various images of Angus wearing different color uniforms, usually red, blue, or black. I'm leaning towards a dark blue velvet look, white shirt, striped tie, white socks, newsboy cap. Should be fun.
And yes, I realize that Halloween is a full 10 months away. But if this is going to actually happen, I need to start gathering materials now. I don't think you can find dark blue velvet shorts just anywhere, ya know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a hat to get you started...http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat3_list_3&listing_id=8635544

S and J said...

Jarred loves AC/DC and believes they are the best thing Austraila has ever produced. Send photos. I was a horse this Halloween and I'm having a hard time finding another costume just as good. IS it bad to be the same thing two yrs in a row?

jess said...

Oh yeah, you can bet that if I actually end up being Angus Young, there will be photos!:)