Saturday, December 20, 2008

So totally unprepared.........

Today's weather report states that we are in for a real treat here in Seattle.....5 to 8 inches of snow tonight. Earlier this week a few inches of snow fell and the city basically shut down. I can't imagine what will happen if we get 8 inches of snow tonight. I decided in an effort to prepare for that amount of snow I should go to the grocery store this afternoon and get some basics, like milk and cereal, to tie me over for a few days. Apparently EVERYONE IN SEATTLE had that same idea. I pulled up to Ballard Market about 2pm to a super packed parking lot, I ended up parking over a block away. Then when I entered Ballard Market? Mayhem. Each check out line was backed up the grocery aisles all the way to the back of the store. I have never seen a grocery store that packed. I immediately turned around and left. I'll just have to survive on what I already have in my cupboards.....canned soup, pasta, and a plethora of Christmas cookies. I could probably survive on Christmas cookies alone for a few days. I am a little sad that I couldn't get any milk, I might try and walk to nearby gas station if I get desperate. Is there anyone else out there that doesn't really want to buy milk at a gas station? It just seems kind of strange to me. I feel like the milk has been sitting on the shelves for awhile. I'm not sure what my problem is. I should get over it.

For now I'm going to crank up the heat, curl up in a little ball on the couch with Frank, and watch Season 1 of Heroes on DVD. Maybe make some hot chocolate sans milk. Gaze out the window at the snow falling. Nice little Saturday.

4 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I made the mistake of going to Fred Meyer's today. Bad choice. Those cookies should keep you full for a while. You just might have a sugar hang over.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had to run to Target at around 2pm and it was absolute insanity. I think we are set for a few days now tho.

Kaijsa said...

I used to always buy milk at Bartell's or Walgreen's. Sometimes Bartell's milk was super, super cheap, too. Maybe you can get an employee discount at your drugstore.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I went to Fred Meyers and was in line to check out for over an hour before someone felt bad for the pregnant lady with the baby about to lose it and asked everyone behind them if I could cut in line. Guess that's Christmas spirit but still it was crazy. Also, I too don't like to buy milk at gas stations for some reason I feel like it will taste like gas. But yet I'll drink other things from a gas station - very weird issue.