Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not-so-guilty pleasure

Oh, scrap magazines, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.....
I subscribe to way too many magazines, some of which I don't know why they continue to come in the mail because I haven't renewed the subscription in what seems like years. My two favorites, that I read cover to cover, are Creating Keepsakes, and Scrapbooks, Etc. I am constantly scrap-lifting ideas from these two magazines for my own scrapbook pages. I usually modify the details to make it my own style, but for the most part I get a ton of ideas from these magazines. I always have a smile on my face when I open my mailbox and see that another issue has arrived.

I'm still cool!! I swear!! I balance out my scrap magazine addiction by subscribing to SPIN and Paste magazines. Unfortunately, I don't read those cover to cover. I usually let them stack up on the coffee table, hoping desperately that they will project the image of indie cred' by the occasional music snob visitor (i.e., Kyle and Casey). I think my so-called indie cred' is unfortunately cancelled out by the stack of unread issues of Better Homes and Gardens on the other side of the living room. Who signed me up for that subscription anyway?

4 comments:

Amy L. said...

Ha ha! I think I used to be cool, too...but now you'll find all these rag delights in my magazine rack (and I smile every time a new one comes, too!):

Better Homes & Gardens
Sunset
Cottage Living
Cooking Light
Hobby Farms (my favorite!)

I'm a lost cause...I don't even try to look cool anymore. But kudos to you for trying! :)

Gina Lillie said...

If it make you feel any better I get Sunset, Newsweek, and Time. Totally uncool. Seattle Met. may be the only one working in my favor.

S and J said...

I wouldn't peg you as a scrapper..is that what they're called? Now that we're starting a magazine list...we have an ecclectic one:
NRHA Reiner (horses)
American White Water
Dwell
Sunset
Newsweek-my parents insisted I get it but I can't seem to keep up with it plus, how much news can there be?

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Better Homes and Gardens never stops... they just keep sending them trust me I signed up years ago and finally had to move to make them stop. I do have Scrapbook etc on my Xmas list this year! Hopefully Santa thinks I've been nice enough...