Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So maybe I have a problem......

Admittedly, all I have been reading the past few months are books by Philippa Gregory (except for Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn in August). It all started back in June with The Other Boleyn Girl. I remember when Chris came to visit me in California, we were both laying out by the pool, totally engrossed in the book. Don't worry, we both had copies, it wasn't like we were reading from the same book:) After that first Philippa book, I was hooked. Next, The Virgin's Lover. And finally The Queen's Fool. Who knew historical fiction could be so scandalous? They were all page turners. Those three books take place in 16th century England, around the time of Henry VIII's reign. Right now I'm almost finished with The Constant Princess, which is about Henry VIII's first wife, Katherine of Aragon. I'm a little disappointed because it is a little slower than her other books, and it has been a struggle for me to maintain interest. But I'm going to power through!!

Today I worked over in the Magnolia area of Seattle, and on my lunch break I stumbled across Magnolia's Bookstore, cute little bookstore on McGraw. I walked in and immediately ran into a big stack of Philippa Gregory books with posted reviews by store employees. I was in Tudor England nerd heaven. I bought the following three titles:


I can't wait to sink my teeth into all three of them.
After that? I'm thinking of tackling The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Heather and Casey have been talking about that series for years.

2 comments:

Kaijsa said...

You sound like me. I go on author binges. Right now, I'm totally in the middle of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series--two down, two to go. Trashy and addictive!

Anonymous said...

i tried the dark tower serious... totally creepy. you might be covering your eyes while you read. Heather and Casey are a little bizarre. :)