Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Daily Frank

It has been awhile since I have done a Frank post. He is my most photographed subject, besides Atticus. Since I bought my digital SLR last year, Frank has become quite accustomed to it being in his face every few days. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for the little guy. He doesn't even flinch anymore when I take his picture. He appears so sweet in his photos, only to taint that image when the camera turns off and he swipes at my hand. He is a little wee bit of an a-hole at times. But I love him.
Recently I discovered a blog called Dooce. It is a blog by a woman named Heather B. Armstrong, who years ago lost her job because her employer found out her blog posts contained stories about people in her workplace. Yikes! Exactly the reason I don't mention my job on this teeny tiny blog. Who really knows who could be reading, right? Although I bet I can count on my two hands who actually follows this low budget piece of literary garbage. Okay, off on a tangent, back to Dooce. Anyway, Heather posts a daily photo of her dog, Chuck, on her blog, called the Daily Chuck. It is so popular that she actually sells a calendar of Chuck, check out Chuck's 2009 calendar here. My favorite month is September. Maybe I should start a Daily Frank? I'd need some serious photography and photoshop lessons because my photographs pale in comparison to the Daily Chuck shots. How does one get the colors in the photo to appear so vibrant and crisp? It is beyond my scope of knowledge.
Until then, here are some average shots of a not-so-average cat. Frankles.

2 comments:

Kaijsa said...

You are so much cooler than Dooce. I had forgotten about her (and her cult of admirers) until you mentioned her. She's been milking that got-fired-poor-misunderstood-me angle for like ten years now!

jess said...

Yeah, it seems as though she does have a ton of blog admirers, her posts get upwards of like 900 comments! Crazy. I pretty much look at the Daily Chuck and other Daily Photos. I had her listed under "These are a few of my favorite things" for a couple days, then I grew tired of her blog and took her off my list. I like to keep my list close to home.