Sunday, January 4, 2009

More shows, please.......

This Christmas, my sister got me this really cool Ticket Stub Diary. It is like a picture album for all my concert ticket stubs.....love it!! I have been saving concert tickets since 1997, although I've been going to see shows since I was in my early teens.
A couple things I learned while putting together the album:
1. I have seen Pearl Jam at least 12 times. Incredible.
2. I had the pleasure of seeing Elliott Smith at least 5 times before he died in 2003.
3. Death Cab for Cutie? A minimum of 6 times where they headlined.
4. Built to Spill? 5 times. I'd like to see them again.
5. I haven't been to many shows since 2005. I'm not really sure why, to tell you the truth. The only thing I can think of is that while I was an undergraduate and graduate student, my schedule was a lot more flexible as far as evenings were concerned. In any case, I love music and would really like to make an effort to see more live music.

Another resolution for 2009...... see more live shows. Maybe I'll get to see Pearl Jam again in 2009, lucky number 13.

2 comments:

Kaijsa said...

I need one of those! I have a box of stubs dating back to 90 or 91. Very cool gift!

Gina Lillie said...

What a great idea. How far back do your tickets go? I know I have some oldies out there someplace. RHCP Baby!