Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Favorite album of 2008

I can't get enough of MGMT's album Oracular Spectacular. I bought it a couple months ago and it has been on permanent repeat since then. Seriously, if you do not own this album, stop what you are doing and immediately go out and buy a copy. As my brother-in-law would say...."It'll change your life!" And if you're feeling sassy, download the Kids Soulwax Remix off iTunes. Warning: May cause your behind to shake uncontrollably. Although I like all the songs on the album, these are the stand-outs for me: The Youth, Kids, Time to Pretend, Weekend Wars.....really, all the songs are super great.

A few other favorites from 2008:
Mates of State: Re-Arrange Us (Check out Get Better, Now, The Re-Arranger)
Fleet Foxes: Self-Titled (Check out White Winter Hymnal, Blue Ridge Mountains, Tiger Mountain Peasant Song)
Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago (Check out Skinny Love, Re: Stacks, Flume)

What are your favorite albums or songs from 2008?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fleet Foxes are great. I love the EP too.
I gotta add Vampire Weekend in there. When I listen to it it makes me feel like i'm in the movie Rushmore.

The band i got from Nic called Tunng is good too.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Jess! I've been listening to that album nonstop since we bought it! I just wish Casey hadn't ruined "Electric Feel" for me.