Sunday, January 11, 2009

Edward Fever!!!!!

Some of us have been a little obsessed with Edward Cullen since Twilight, the movie, came out a few months ago. Kim, Heather, and I have been talking about the movie non-stop since the end of November. I don't think I've ever seen a movie twice in the theater, except for Twilight. Kim has us all beat out at 4 times (I still think it's 5!!). Heather is at #3. And we roped my sis and Corey in to the mix the other day. Chris read Twilight in a matter of a few hours, then plowed through the remaining 3 books in record time.

For Christmas, Heather and Nic got me the above poster as a "joke" gift. I mean really, I'm 31 years old, you'd think my days of putting up posters in my house died with my INXS posters in high school (I'm still mourning Michael Hutchence's death, btw). But no, I have that Edward poster tacked up in my laundry room. Yes, it has to share the same space as Frank's litter box, but by god!...it is up! I took a picture of it with my camera phone the other day and sent it to Kim and Heather. Kim saved it as the screen saver for her phone, and as my photo for my caller ID. I saved it as Kim's caller ID on my phone. We are both hoping that we call eachother more often so we can see his amazingly chisled face pop up on our screens. Ridiculous? Yes. Pathetic? Maybe. Totally awesome? For sure.

A couple nights ago, we had a "girls night" out. Ashley, Cynthia, Michelle, Heather, Kim, and I went out to dinner at Cactus in Madison Park. Heather, Kim, and I all rode in the same car and managed to talk about Edward Cullen, Twilight, Jacob Black, and the New Moon movie, almost the entire way to the restaurant. And if any of you realize, the drive from Greenlake to Madison Park, taking back roads, is like at least 15 to 20 minutes. At one point we all stopped talking and started laughing at how crazy we sounded. Three grown women talking about how hot Rob Pattison is as Edward Cullen. I have no shame and no regrets though, the joy that it brings us keeps us young at heart. Besides, we know all the guys are daydreaming about Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel, they are just a little less vocal about it.

I will continue to daydream about Edward Cullen.....and I will continue to hope that someday I'll find someone that has waited their whole life to find me.....and I will continue to hope that Kim calls me on a daily basis!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ladies need a more appropriate hobby.

Anonymous said...

calling you now... wait for it

jess said...

"c" needs a more interesting comment.

S and J said...

Can I hook you up with some of my Freshmen boys who think they're Edward and go as far as to wear vampire teeth when speaking to me?