Friday, September 12, 2008

new music.....

Last weekend while I was hanging out in Ballard, I decided I was due for a trip to Sonic Boom. It has been a long time since I bought a fist full of CDs. I was long overdue. Here is what I picked up:
Mates of State: Re-Arrange Us. Absolutely love this release. Love. It. This has to be my favorite album of theirs. I have been listening to it almost non-stop since I bought it. In the car and at home. My favorite tracks? In no particular order: Get Better, Now, and The Re-Arranger. They apparently had an in-store at Sonic Boom in May, but I missed it because I was in California. I'm not sure when they are going to play in Seattle again, but I will definitely be there!!
I have a soft spot in my heart for all things Beck. I have loved Beck since the days ofMellow Gold circa 1994. I was a junior in highschool at the time and he was pretty much the shit. I remember rockin' it out to Loser and Beercan with my friends....Party at Gina's house! Or PAG as we used to call it. Wow, that was a long time ago.
I freely admit to loving Coldplay. Viva La Vida and Violet Hill are two of my favorite tracks so far, but I haven't really gotten too far in to the CD since Mates of State have been on repeat. Hold on to your hat Chris Martin, I'll get to you. Don't worry.
Not sure I am loving this Neko Case one. I had, and still have, a love affair with Fox Confessor Brings the Flood. That album is amazing. My parents even dig on that album. I love it that my parents are open to listening to music that I like. My dad listened to the Iron & Wine album that I got him so many times that my mom actually commented on how tired she was of listening to it, which brought a smile to my face. Stay tuned for more on this Neko Case album, I need to give it more of a shot.

No comments: