Monday, February 21, 2011

love to hate you

Check out my new shoes!  Surprise surprise, they are Dansko.  Ugh.


I say "ugh" because that is how I feel about my shoes these days.  Ugh.  Why?  Because standing on my feet my entire workday for the past 6 years has not been kind to my feet.  I've discovered through trial and error that Dansko's are really the only shoes I can wear every single day, all day long, and my feet don't hurt at the end of the day.  I kinda feel sad about it.  I used to love buying shoes, and I still do, but my choices are pretty much limited to two brands.  Danskos and Clarks.  Gone are the days of wearing ballet flats to work.  I have 4 pairs of Danskos -- two of them are over 6 years old and are falling apart.  And two of them have been purchased in the last year, basically after I resigned to the fact that all I can wear to work is Dansko.  Luckily they make some entertaining colors and patterns.  I'm diggin' on my new black ones -- see above. 

Despite my "ugh" attitude, I'm thankful that I'm able to wear the shit out of these shoes and not have any foot pain.  

1 comment:

Heather said...

I think I'm going to have to break down and get a pair of those too, once I start working in a clinic. At least they have some cute designs and colors.