Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fun with Photoshop

Today I downloaded a bunch of Photoshop Actions from The Pioneer Woman's blog.  Have you ever checked out her blog?  One of my favorites, for sure!  She takes great photos, and she has the most adorable Basset Hound, Charlie.  Makes me miss my Milo when I see her Charlie, but it makes me just love his memory more. 

After downloading the actions, I was just playing around with some photos.  Here is an example of what "actions" can do......

Before:

No actions used on this photo of me taken at Golden Gardens.

















After:

I used the "PW Seventies" action -- now my photo looks all vintage with the press of a button! Being the novice photographer, I think actions are helpful.  Until I learn more about Photoshop, actions are a great way to make your photos look different without actually knowing what you are doing :)














How about these shots of the Jester Basset from the Basset Bash?

Before:

No actions used.












After:

I used the "PW Fresh and Color" action.  It makes the photo look much crisper and the colors more vibrant.  I'm in love! 










This should keep me occupied for awhile!! :)

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I can't wait to see some of these fancy pants pictures in your scrap projects.

Heather said...

I like this! Makes me want to get a fancy camera and then download some "actions!"