Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Adventures with Frizz

It has been 5 & 1/2 months that I've been in this new house, and Frank is still figuring out his favorite spots.  Last week, he definitely discovered what will be his favorite spot once the weather is sunny on a more consistent basis..... the front door.  It was a sunny but cold day, and I opened the front door to get the mail.  Frank came trotting over and planted himself in front of the glass door.  He laid in the sun ray and checked out the haps at the front of the house for a couple hours.  One of the neighbor cats even came over to say hello, they exchanged low level growls through the glass door, it was cute.
 

Frank's been looking pretty good these days, thanks to the steroids and Leukeran.  For awhile there, I was convinced he was not long for this world.  And he may not be, for all I know.  I'm just taking things day by day.  He's not eating as ferociously as he was a few months ago, which is probaby a good sign.  It may mean that the treatment is actually working, and he is absorbing nutrients.  He's going to get weighed tomorrow morning, as well as some blood work done. 

When he's not running away from me because of the medication I have to give him, Frank has been quite lovey dovey lately.  I'll take whatever I can get!


His paws are one of my favorite parts of him.  He has these little tufts of white fur that poke out from in between the pads of his feet.  Could he get any more handsome?


Not likely. 

Both Frank and I are excited for more sunshine in our lives.  So looking forward to spring!

No comments: