Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dressing Green

When my sister and I went up to Bellingham last weekend, I bought a couple new products at a store called Whimsy.  Whimsy seems to focus mostly on jewelry, but I found a cool little display of perfumes, lip balms, creams, and cleansers by a company called DressGreen.  After trying out some of the test products, I decided to take home three items.


The mojito lip balm, pure hydration facial cream, and tahitian vanilla perfume oil.  I was drawn to the products for a couple reasons.  The first being they are vegan products, no petroleum, no parabens, and no animal testing.  Not that I am anywhere close to a vegan (see below post about my love of armour thyroid), but I do aspire to be more respectful to our animal friends.  The second being they are super affordable.  Check out their totally reasonable prices.   

So far I LOVE the lip balm.  It is creamy, velvety, and has a great smell.  I'm about finished up with my current facial cream, then I'll try out the pure hydration facial cream on a regular basis.  I have to give a facial cream at least a couple weeks of use before I make a decision of whether my skin likes it.  I traditionally have really sensitive skin (it gets red and irritated really easily), and I usually do better with a thicker facial cream despite the fact that my skin seems oily.  I've tried out the perfume oil a couple times and I like the scent so-so.  It smells a bit sweet to me, usually I like scents that are clean and fresh.  My favorite scent of all time is Philosophy's Pure Grace -- smells like soap and water clean.  If there was a perfume that smelled exactly like clothesline dried laundry, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.     

Read my friend Gina's post about greener living, which includes a link to a informative website.          

No comments: