Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My chubby little man......

*Warning*.....Milo post. If you are tired of me talking about my dog, you might want to stop reading immediately. As you can tell by the picture below, Milo desperately needs his nails trimmed. He's been clacking those suckers around the house for months now. I took him to the groomers at the beginning of the year, they tried clipping his nails, not so much. Milo is a growler when it comes to people touching his precious, pudgy, potato-chip-smellin' paws. Sometimes I'll just touch his paw with a finger and he'll give me the evil eye. It's crazy. Anyway, Gina came over the other day and she was like dude, Jess, you gotta clip this dog's nails. Sooo, this morning I called the vet and was excited to find out they clip nails for a mere $22 dolla! Holla!! So this is the "before" photo:
And this is the "after" photo.... Look at those little nubs! They look a little gnarles barkley to me, but whatever, they are clipped and I'm a happy girl. Milo though? Not so happy while they were clipping his nails. I could hear him squealing in the back while the vet tech's were doing their work. Poor little man. I also had them clean his ears while he was back there. He's got some ear stank that'll make your eyes water, but luckily no infection.... :)
While we are on the subject of Basset Hounds....check out the Mother's Day card I got for my mom...... She has my blog address but I don't think she looks at it that much so I'm pretty safe posting this. The card says "I grew up, I moved out, I have a job, I'm not in jail", then on the inside it says "What more could a mother ask for?"..... True that. I think she'll enjoy it. Plus Milo will sign it with his paw, so she'll be happy.

And on the outside of the envelope? Yeah, that is a Milo postage stamp peeps! How cool is that?!? You can make any picture you want into postage at Picture It Postage. Hopefully the postage rate won't increase in the next few months because I have like 20 of these Milo stamps. And I won't be putting them on my Seattle City Light bill if you know what I mean. Those people have to settle for Gulf Coast Lighthouses, or The Simpsons if they are lucky and I'm feelin' sassy.
In other Basset Hound news, sad story..... The woman I adopted Milo from has been rescuing Basset Hounds for 30+ years. She runs Basset Rescue of Puget Sound. A few days ago, her and her husband's home burned to the ground. They were only able to get out with the clothes on their backs. They managed to save the 10 rescue dogs they had, but they lost one of their own dogs, their cat, and their birds. My heart hurts for them. Luckily all the dogs have been put in to foster homes until they are adopted, but they are starting from scratch. As a fundraiser, another Basset owner and enthusiast is selling Basset stuff on her Etsy page. All the proceeds are going to The Pauls. I purchased this vintage resin bakelite needle felted Basset Hound brooch pin from her.
And for those of you that are curious.... yes.... yes, I am becoming a crazy Basset lady. Watch out for my next purchase..... a license plate frame that says I love my Basset Hound :)

4 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Those nails needed clipped big time. I just sit on my dogs and cut their nails and growl back if they try go get feisty with me. Who's the Alpha over there anyway?

Heather said...

Yeah, those nails were seriously too long. Give me 6 months to a year and I'll be happy to clip them for you. ;)

So sorry to hear about the Basset Rescue lady and her husband's house and pets. I saw that in the Seattle Times the other day. Can't imagine losing my pets in a fire. That's incredibly sad.

Gina Lillie said...

So glad that Milo got a pedi. He needed it!
Colleen- I just laughed out loud thinking of you sitting on your dogs growling. Love it!

S and J said...

Oh, and I don't get tired of the dog posts!