Sunday, May 9, 2010

Arrrooouuuggghhh!!!!

This afternoon Milo and I met up with other Basset Hounds and their people at Northacres Off-Leash Park. This was our second Basset event we have attended since joining the Basset Meetup Group in March. We had never been to Northacres, so it was an exciting afternoon for the both of us! Milo gets so excited when he is in the car, lots of slobber and panting :)
Milo is a total spectator at dog parks. He doesn't like to rough-house, so its hard for him to hang with the younger kids :) He warms up after a half hour or so and we then venture more than a foot or two from the fence.
I'm a sucker for a pudgy Basset paw. So I took quite a few pictures of Bassets with those bear claw like paws. The droopy face, wrinkly skin, and pudgy paw....that is my favorite kind of Basset.
Oh, and definitely long ears. I like a long-earred boy.
This elderly lady could barely keep her eyes open! She was arthritic and old, but still out there having a great time with the other Bassets!
Milo and I walked a couple loops around the park, Milo paced loops that is. Which means sniffing most everything, with a few burst of energy here and there. Milo is one pooped out little guy this afternoon. In usual Milo fashion, he barely made it in to the car before he passed out snoring. We had a blast, and I'm looking forward to attending more of the Basset Meetups!! It is inspiring me to plan a costume for this year's Howl-O-Ween party, and for the 2011 Basset Bash!! Any ideas for Milo costumes?

1 comment:

S and J said...

I love all the basset photos. For a brief moment I wondered why heeler owners don't get together but then realized it would just be one big brawl.