Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How is your va-jay-jay?

As some of you have read in a past blog post, I love greeting cards. I love buying them, receiving them, stashing them, hoarding them for the apolcalypse, etc. Today while I was at my neighborhood postal store, I was perusing their greeting card section and found a card that is just awesome. It was in the "New Baby" section and read "How Is Your Va-Jay-Jay"..... Now that is a card that I would love to get post pregnancy, seriously. After you give birth its all about "how's the baby?", "are you getting enough sleep?", "how's motherhood treating you?" No one ever asks "how is your vag holding up after giving birth?" That is a traumatic event for a body part, and more attention should be given to said trauma.

Unfortunately, almost every woman I am friends with that has given birth in the last few years has had a C-section. Good for the vagina health, bad for sending out a greeting card with well wishes for a healthy vagina. Maybe I just need to find a card asking "How Is Your C-Section Scar" with a sample pack of Mederma included.

As for some history of the word va-jay-jay, I guess you can thank Grey's Anatomy, and the all knowing Oprah for that.

P.S. I love you Joel McHale!

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

The best baby card I recieved was from Kim and Casey and it played the song "Push it". It still makes me laugh. What about the Sh**ts & Giggles greeting cards?

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Ohhh... I think this is your true calling... you should design and create greeting cards specifically for different medical issues! Think of all the funny things you could address... 'Saved your va-jay-jay yeah-ya!' 'Don't worry about that c-section scar, now that you've had a baby you'll never wear pants that low again anyway...' Both those would just make people smile I just know it.

Heather said...

You're funny!