Monday, June 8, 2009

Zoo shots of Atti...........

I haven't been to the Woodland Park Zoo since I was in highschool. The last time I went was when I was a senior in highschool, with the Belgian exchange student, Didier. Didier was a strange character. I remember him making fun of my car, a blue Datsun Kingcab, and in my mind I was thinking...."you don't even have a car buddy, or a bike for that matter".......Then he wound up becoming really great friends with one of the only obviously gay guys we went to highschool with. Great story, huh? You want me to tell it again?

The photo below has to be one of my favorites from the zoo. It was taken while we stopped at a concession stand for a break and some food. And when I say food, I mean drippy nacho cheese that is surely clogging my arteries as I write this. Atticus was done eating and was exploring the picnic table area. You can't really tell in the picture but he is playing air piano on a plastic lawn chair. Maybe he'll be a musical genius. Maybe he already is.
Check out the chompers on this kid! He has eight teeth now, 4 on top and 4 on the bottom.
He appears to be in a food coma at this point. Too many cheese cubes, and apparently he's saving some crumbs for later.
Awesome shirt, huh? It was a gift from his even more awesome Aunt Jess. He's a badass and needs a t-shirt that reflects that quality. I don't know about you, but when I see a cartoon lightening bolt, I think "this is one kid I'm not going to mess with." I said oooh boy, shock me like an electric eel.
Here we are at the penguin tank. This joint was jumpin'. With people and penguins. I think Atticus was more interested in the water being pumped in to the tank than the actual penguins. It's the little things in life that make him happy. And that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

He looks like such a "fat kid" in the picture with the crumbs on his face. I love it.

Heather said...

That kid is adorable! Jess, you are such a proud auntie.