Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ten Re-Issue


Someone has a Pearl Jam boner, and that person is me. I have loved this band since I was in 8th grade. For those of you counting, that was nearly 20 years ago...... I have seen them at least 12 times, and have had the pleasure of seeing them at the Showbox, and Benaroya Hall. How I ended up getting tickets to those small shows, I can not remember, but it probably has something to do with me being one lucky little lady, and having a sister that knows people who know people.
On March 24th, they re-released their album Ten, which is celebrating it's 20th anniversary here in the next year or two. The above photo is of the Ten Re-Issue Super Deluxe Edition that I sprung for today. Included in this pearlgasm worthy set is the following:
2 CDs, 1 DVD, 4 LPs, and 1 Cassette:
-Remaster of the original Ten album + remix by producer Brendan O'Brien
-DVD of a previously unreleased 1992 Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged performance
-LP of the band's 1992 "Drop in the Park" concert
-Replica of Pearl Jam three-song demo cassette with Eddie Vedder's original vocal dubs (not sure how I am ever going to play this as I haven't had a cassette player since 1992)
-Recreation of Eddie Vedder composition notebook (does this also come with a cashed bottle of expensive merlot?)
-Never before seen memorabilia (we'll see how cool that stuff is....I'm skep)
I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!!!!! So excited, I might have to do a Balki Bartokomous Perfect Strangers style dance of joy after I open up the package.
In celebration of the Ten Re-Issue, I would like to take a moment for a Top Ten List, or let's just call it a Ten List. Because it is in no particular order. I don't like to play favorites with Pearl Jam songs, although Release and Given to Fly are always in the lead.
1. Given to Fly
2. Release
3. Strangest Tribe
4. Black
5. Low Light
6. Corduroy
7. Nothing As It Seems
8. Alive
9. In Hiding
10. Master of War (cover)
And of course I'll always love their cover of The Who's Baba O'Riley, and if I never hear them end a show with Yellow Ledbetter again, it will be too soon:)
One more thing...... this would make the perfect 32nd birthday gift..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want that...