Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dearest Chow Foods.....

......you did me wrong.....again. Why do I continue to patronize your establishments?

This morning I met up with my sister in West Seattle for some breakfast. Endolyne Joe's. I have been to all the Chow Food restaurants in Seattle, numerous times, and it is so hit-or-miss for me. My breakfast this morning was seriously one of the worst meals I have ever had. Besides that 3-day old Taco Bell I ate out of a trash can full of dirty diapers the day after Mardi Gras on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. I kid about the Taco Bell, but not about me wanting to rewind my meal from this morning. Ugh. Admittedly, I got something off the menu that I normally wouldn't order. In an attempt to branch out from a scramble, I decided to go with the corned beef hash. I think I had a vision in my mind of the corned beef hash that I've seen people order from The Dish (awesome breakfast place on Leary). Some sort of slow cooked, shredded beef loveliness, cascading over a bed of spuds cooked to the point of perfection, with a side of poached eggs where the yoke dribbles out like maple syrup on a short stack. Not so much. The reality of my corned beef hash catastrophe was tough little cubes of fatty red meat, shoved in with undercooked potatoes, with a side of hardened poached eggs and cold toast. Barf. Can I get credit for the calories of that meal? I didn't even eat half of it, and I pretty much wanted to heave after consuming the small amount I did. My sister and I joked that I should throw up and just hit up The Dish on my way home. I'd totally do it, but vomiting doesn't come easy for me unless copious amounts of alcohol are involved.

As far as I see it I have one of two options......
1. Swear off Chow Foods completely. Hold up my middle finger and say "you're dead to me Chow Foods"........ and move on.
2. Never try anything new on the menu, especially when it involves questionable meat. Stick with what I know, like the Smokin' Salmon Scram at the Coastal Kitchen on 15th Ave E.

I think I'll stick with #2...... but if you screw with me one more time Chow Foods!!! It is over!!! I mean it this time. You've done me dirty a couple times now. I've given you a number of chances to redeem yourself. One more slip and I'm breaking up with you for real.

1 comment:

Kaijsa said...

Yeah, those places...

I mean, I like 5 Spot in the middle of the night as much as the next guy (brisket, yum), and the Hi-Life is usually okay at breakfast. But I've had the same mixed experience as you. Remember Jitterbug? I liked that place once upon a time.