Saturday, November 29, 2008

When you can live forever, what do you live for?

It is no secret that myself, Kim, Heather, and Corey are all on board with Stephenie Meyer's Twilight book series. It was around January 2008 that I picked up Twilight and couldn't put it down. Then came New Moon and Eclipse. The final installment, Breaking Dawn, was icing on the blood-sucking cake. The four of us have been exchanging emails for months regarding the release of that final book, and the movie of the first book. It all came to fruition the morning of Saturday, November 22nd, 10am at the Oak Tree Cinemas on Aurora. Kim, Heather, and I got in line along with many a 12 year old girl to see Twilight, the movie. It did not disappoint. I think I had a smile on my face the entire movie. We are going to see it again this week with Corey. I am not ashamed to admit that I wish I had an Edward Cullen to call my own. Robert Pattison is a dream boat, make no mistake about it. Plus, the Iron & Wine song on the soundtrack is delicious.....check out "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" on iTunes, if you have the means, I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

Kaijsa said...

OMG, I saw it today. I went to the afternoon show by myself. Well, plus all the teen girls in Laramie. I'm still formulating my response, but I loved it, too.

Gina Lillie said...

You and Maraya need to talk Twilight. She went to Forks and did the Twilight tour. Beat that.

Anonymous said...

at the risk of sounding totally obsessed: NEED MORE EDWARD NOW!!

Anonymous said...

Kim makes me soak in a cold tub before snuggle time, you know, for that "Edward" effect.

Kaijsa said...

If I still lived in WA, I would have gone to Forks by now. Also, Casey is a very funny dude.

I will stop blog comment stalking now.

S and J said...

So you're my third fairly normal friend who has read and loved the Twilight series. Yes, the high school girls love it, but I just can't take a girl seriously when she's wearing a shirt that says "I leave bite marks." Maybe, just maybe, I'll try reading them now.