Sunday, November 30, 2008

Poutine Fest 2008

Wow, I'm still full from last weekend! So long low cholesterol. Kim, Nic, Heather, and I went over to my sister and brother-in-law's place for Apple Cup last weekend. It was a day filled with fun, football, and way too much food.

First on deck: Poutine. If you haven't tried poutine before, it is delicious. What is it? French fries, cheese curd, and gravy. My brother-in-law and his friend Johnny have been working for years perfecting the art of poutine preparation. I'd say they have it pretty much down pat. The key is to deep fry the french fries so they get hot enough to melt the cheese curds, then top that with gravy and the cheese curds melt even more. Pretty darn tasty.

Tasting the gravy to make sure it isn't substandard.
Who is excited to taste the delicious poutine? Kim is....even though she was calling it 'poontang' for days leading up to it.
Is this Heather's debut on the blog? It very well may be. Poutine Fest 2008 will go down in history.
This is one of the only photographs I have of Nic where he isn't making his usual photo face. I may just frame this photo. He ate the shit out of that poutine, btw.
Overall, I think I may have converted a few of my friends over to the poutine dark side.

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Poutine...yes please! You can't really go wrong with that combo. I'm not sure I'm down with the Luther Burger though. I'm a no sweet on my meat kinda gal.