Thursday, April 17, 2008

More to come soon!!!


Eat your heart out, Lauer!! So, Kyle and I made it safely down to California. Our first stop was at the Burgerville in Centralia. And yes, Kyle made that face on purpose. Unfortunately, my picture taking ended at Burgerville. I'm not sure why I didn't take any pictures on our road trip. I had the camera in the car the whole way, but we didn't really see anything picture worthy along the way. We tried to get a picture of a tug boat in a Burger King parking lot, but it drove away before I could get a shot of it. I know, way lame. Truthfully, the drive down was more barren than I imagined it would be, the California part anyway. It was like the drive from George to Moses Lake, WA, super dry and not much to look at. We stopped in Portland the first night and got to spend a few hours catching up with Jon and Cathy Ward, which was super fun! It was great to see them. From Portland to Ashland, OR, Kyle and I managed to kill the whole ride playing the celebrity "who would you rather have sex with?" game. It was quite entertaining. What did I learn about Kyle from that game? He does not find Janeane Garofalo attractive. I think I finally got him to choose Janeane over Roseanne Barr. For me it came down to Flavor Flav and Michael Jackson. Both choices make me squirm, but I had to go with Flavor Flav. I mean The Gloved One no longer looks human. The last time he looked normal was during the Bad era. Now he looks like an alien ghost. Ewww. Anyway, that game managed to provide us with 299 miles of laughs! Our second night we stopped in San Francisco and stayed with Jon and Ashley, and we all met up with Corbett and Jessie for dinner and drinks. I can't believe San Francisco is only a 5 hour drive from Valencia! So cool. It will be nice to shoot up there for a weekend every once in awhile. We arrived in Valencia on Monday evening, and John gave us the big tour of where we live, and I really like it! It is really quiet, and peaceful. The town seems easy to navigate, and there is tons of places to walk to, and lots of shopping. Plus the weather kicks ass. It has been 80 degrees the last three days! I drove Kyle to LAX on Tuesday morning. I have been working on unpacking all the boxes and making our place look more like home. I will post some pictures of our place and surrounding areas soon!

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

So I have to know, Burgerville or In N' Out Burger?