Wednesday, March 23, 2011

#nowplaying

Today I picked up two records -- Boat's "Dress Like Your Idols" and The Lonely Forest's "Arrows".  You should check them out.  Boat had a live performance on KEXP this morning, and they are having a cd release show this Friday night at The Tractor in Ballard.  I'm going to try and hit that up if tickets aren't already sold out.  Here is a review of their new album from Pitchfork.  Personally, I'm loving the album.  I can already tell it will be on repeat for awhile.  Also hoping John Roderick will be at the show to do backing vocals on "Landlocked".  Because guess what?  I dig on some John Roderick.

Check out Boat's cover of T.Rex's Children of the Revolution, a personal favorite....

BOAT "Children of the Revolution" (T-Rex) Hiss Like Your Idols from Magic Marker on Vimeo.

In less indie pop and more pop culture news, I downloaded a couple songs on iTunes.  Young Blood by The Naked and Famous.  Here you go:


And My Body by Young the Giant
Here you go:


What are you listening to this week?

No comments: