Sunday, March 13, 2011

I've got the fever!!

Last night some girl friends and I got together to hang out and do some scrapbooking.  I had a great time catching up, telling stories, and getting two pages done.  Here are my creations:


Layout: Surprise! This photo of my parents was taken in August 2008.  My mom was turning 60 and my dad had planned a big surprise for her by inviting some of her siblings out to Moses Lake to visit.  The photo was taken just a couple hours before my mom's relatives showed up.  Such a surprise!!


Here's a little bit of a close-up.  The journaling is similar to what I wrote above: Mom's 60th birthday was a huge surprise! Dad had planned for Mom's siblings to come out to visit in Moses Lake.  Such a fun and memorable weekend!  This photo was taken just an hour or two before everyone showed up - she had no idea!!


Layout: You Are My Sunshine. Recent photograph of Frank, checking out the front yard on a sunny Seattle day.


Here's a little bit of a close up.  Journaling: Frank discovered the benefits of our screen door.  The sun was shining and he found a ray of sunlight to bask in for a few hours.  I'm sure he wished I'd leave the screen door open - then he could really explore his new digs!!

After getting my scrap on last night, and getting the Camp Huston Scrapbooking Retreat flyer in the mail this week, I have some serious scrap fever!  Today I went to the Scrapbook Pad in Shoreline to try and find a glue pen.  Our friend Katie was using a glue pen last night that was a must have for putting adhesive on the back of really small embellishments or letters.  I didn't end up finding exactly what she was using, but I did find something similar in a different brand, so excited to use it!  Scrapbook Pad has a large area in the back of their store for classes and crops.  I'd really like to check out one of their midnight crops in the next month or two. 

I also decided to check out a scrapbooking store that I never knew existed until today -- Urban Scrapbooker in Edmonds.  I really loved this store!  It is super easy to find, and they have a lot of supplies by my favorite scrapbooking companies like Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz.  I'd love to check out one of the Tim Holtz classes that they offer, I have some of his products that I haven't used yet because I don't really know what I'm doing (i.e. Distress Inks).  It looks like he has some demo's on his website though, I'll have to check those out and see what I can find. It didn't seem like Urban Scrapbooker had a large area for classes or crops, at least not as large as the Scrapbook Pad.  So I'm sure the classes fill up quickly.

Let's get our scrap on again soon ladies!     

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

We will have to hit up that Edmonds store together soon. Edmonds is right down the road. Gotta get me one of those pens too. Can't wait to scrap again.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I'm down for a Tim Holtz class too! I own the distressing ink and a paper distresser with no idea how to use. Could be the product of the year at the scrap weekend if we can figure out what it does! Scrap!

Kym said...

I love "arting" with others because, for one thing, you get to see some cool new art supplies and toys. And, of course, you get to hang out with people who love to do art! I'm glad you had fun.