Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ringing in the New Year!!


What a better way to end 2010 than celebrating with some of my best friends?!?  Jon and Ashley hosted their 2nd Annual New Year's Eve Party this year in their awesome new digs in the Queen Anne 'hood.  We did miss some special peeps due to that nasty cold that was/is going around.  Although it was a smaller group than last year, we didn't miss a beat!
 
The evening started with making drinks & catching up......your basic New Year's Eve socializing.  Jon and Ashley prepared some awesome pulled porked tacos -- delicious!  I started out the evening with what Lauer describes as a "poor man's margarita"...aka...tequila and Squirt.  Good start to the evening.  After that I enjoyed some of The Foil's prepared Cosmo's... loved these, but my head did not love them the next day :(  Check out the picture above....my drink matches my glasses.

The Saalborns and The Atwoods took off around 10ish.  The Yahtzee and Dance Party USA commenced shortly thereafter.  Interestingly enough, I have never played Yahtzee.  I managed to pick the game up fairly quickly, I mean, it's a game of throwing dice for shit's sake, it is pretty much entirely up to luck.  I guess there is a bit of strategy involved, but it isn't going to win anyone any money in Vegas.  Before Yahtzee, we managed to get some "family" photos.....


Jon & Ashley with Doolin & Marley (aka....The Kitties)
      

Nic & Heather


Jon & Nic with Doolin ( looking very heterosexual life partners in this shot)


Jon, me, & Nic (it would appear that I am really as short as I think I am)


Let the Yahtzee-ing commence!


The guys are really in to the Dickel lately.  I'm not sure if that is because of the name, or it is actually decent whisky.  Maybe both.    


Both Ashley and I managed to get a Yahtzee!  I was pretty stoked.  As you can tell by my photo......


After Yahtzee we watched a very anti-climactic countdown to 2011 on one of the major Seattle news stations.  Probably King 5.  Anyway, the Space Needle looked like it was on fire.


We didn't need fireworks to have a blast though!!  



The rest of the night was somewhat of a blur.......


Some "Ultra Snuggles" happened......


As did some High 5'in to some douche-bag-ness......


Some Rock 'n' Rollin'........


and some booty shakin'....... (courtesy of Pandora.....not sure what we were listening too, but think Bell Biv Devoe)


It was a super fun New Year's Eve!!!  One that will, for sure, go down as one of my favorites of all time!!!

Cheers to a fun, friend-filled 2011!!! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

That was a great night! Good friends, food, drinks and music! Love your commentary of the evening too.