Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Little Word -- 2011

I'm hoping 2011 will bring many changes and new challenges for me.  This year I've decided to participate in an online workshop over at Big Picture Classes.  One of my favorite scrapbookers, Ali Edwards, is teaching the course "One Little Word", and I'm *really* excited about it.

When I signed up for the class, I didn't have any "words" in mind.  After a few days of pondering about 2010, and what I want to focus on in 2011, my one little word found me while I was listening to "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison.  Heal.  That is my one little word for 2011.  Not really sure why it found me during "My Sweet Lord", but it did. 

2010 was a challenging year for me, both physically and emotionally.  Being sick during the beginning of the year with my gall bladder issues, then working on recovering and finding a new balance without my gall bladder definitely has been a journey.  I have never felt older physically, unfortunately.  Most of my close friends know that I have also had some challenges with my thyroid over the past few years.  Finding a medication and dose that works for me has been difficult.  I have finally found something that makes me feel as close to "normal" as I have felt in years, I haven't felt this good since prior to my hypothyroid diagnosis in 2007.  It feels incredible actually.  *Insert fist pump here.*  Emotionally, the past few months have been hard, with Milo passing away, and Frank's health being less than awesome.  I'm ready to laugh and smile more.  I'm tired of the lump in my throat and the tears.  This is where my one little word for 2011 comes in...... Heal.  I'm ready for it.

Heal
Verb
1. to make healthy, whole, or sound; restore to health; free from ailment
2. to bring to an end or conclusion, as conflicts between people or groups usually with strong implication of restoring former amity; settle; reconcile
3. to free from evil; cleanse; purify: to heal the soul   

From thesaurus.com:
Heal:
Definition: cure, recover
Synonyms: alleviate, ameliorate, attend, bring around, compose, conciliate, convalesce, doctor, dress, fix, free, get well, harmonize, improve, knit, make healthy, make sound, make well, make whole, medicate, meliorate, mend, minister to, patch up, physic, put on feet again, reanimate, rebuild, reconcile, regenerate, rehabilitate, rejuvenate, remedy, renew, renovate, repair, restore, resuscitate, revive, revivify, salve, set, settle, soothe, treat

I'm sure I'll be posting about my workshop progress as the year unfolds.  For now, I'm going to brainstorm ways to incorporate Heal into 2011!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Good word Jess. Happy New Year! Hope your 2011 is happy and healthy!

Kym said...

Heal. That's a great word for your upcoming year.

I look forward to seeing what you create in your online class.

I was just reading the blog of a friend of mine and her word for last year was..."heal". You can read her post if you are interested. http://messymindcreativesoul.blogspot.com/2010/12/heal.html

I wish you a wonderful, happy, healthy 2011!

Gina Lillie said...

I think we can all use a little of that in 2011. Can't wait to see what this new year brings.