Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One Little Word 2011 -- January

Here are a couple pictures of my One Little Word project so far.....

Title page: Heal


Welcoming my word into my life for 2011
This page is all about creating a series of small canvases that name, invite, claim, quote, and generally welcome my word into my life for 2011.

 
Quote canvas: The quote I chose doesn't contain the word "heal" but it definitely pertains to "healing" -- I think it is an awesome quote, powerful, and I'm looking forward to focusing on it in 2011...."Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it."  -- Helen Keller

"I chose this word because...." canvas:  It has been too long since I have felt well.  2010 was a hard year...both physically & emotionally.  I want to feel strong again - it is time to HEAL!

Thesaurus canvas: soothe, improve, harmonize, free, revive, make well, make sound, alleviate, improve, mend, make healthy, rebuild, fix, rejuvenate, compose, make whole, remedy

"With this word I invite....." canvas: strength, laughter, peace, satisfaction, contentment, change, opportunity, happiness

Definition canvas: To make healthy, whole or sound. Restore to health; free from ailment. To free from evil, cleanse; purify; to heal the soul

I included pictures of Milo and Frank, because they are part of my healing process.  To heal emotionally from the loss of Milo.  And to help Frank physically heal, or at least maintain his current level of health.

Speaking of Frank's health -- status update -- I'm so incredibly excited that Frank's current medication regimen is working.  He's gaining weight -- half a pound in 5 weeks!  Anyway, he is going to be on steroids for the forseeable future, and he's hating them so much.  I'm surprised he has let me give them to him for the last 4 months!  I placed one on my tongue the other day and it was awful, so bitter, I couldn't even brush the bitterness out of my mouth with toothpaste.  Poor guy has been dealing with that twice a day since September.  Anyway, my lovely friend Heather came over last week to show me some techniques for getting Frank to take the medication without having to hide it in food.  Although Heather made it look quite effortless, Frank would hide from me every time I brought the pill out.  Frustrating for sure!  $87 later I have a transdermal gel that I rub in to the skin of his ear twice a day.  My heart is swelling with joy at the awesomeness that is compounded medication!  When I talked to the pharmacist at Ballard Plaza Pharmacy on the phone a few days ago, I started crying with relief.  Relief from having to worry about trying to get Frank to ingest that bitter pill twice a day.  Now I'm simply giving him love while rubbing medication in to his skin.  So amazing and awesome.  Love it.  Much respect to compounding pharmacists :)

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Heal is a perfect word for 2011!

Topical meds sound awesome. Taj was on 9 pills a day for 3 weeks and now 6 a day for a month. No bueno. Luckily he is too big to hide from me.