Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two not-so-little monsters.....

I'd like to introduce you to two feline friends that are living at my place for the summer....... We've got this lovable ball of fur, weighing in at about 16+ pounds.....his name is Grandpa and he's a sweetheart. He loves getting pets, and is pretty vocal when I enter their room. Grandpa enjoys a good belly rub, and loves treats. I can tell he's interested to see what the rest of the house looks like, but for now, he's kickin' it in the upstairs bedroom. Frank parks himself on the other side of the door for 10 to 15 minutes every couple hours, for sniffing purposes. I haven't seen any paw fights from under the door, so that is a good sign.
This scaredy cat is The Easter Bunny. His fur is super soft, like bunny fur, hence The Easter Bunny moniker. This chap isn't as excited to see me enter the room as his feline counterpart. For the first few weeks they lived here, I swear he didn't come out of the attic space for days on end. Now when I see them, 80% of the time he isn't hiding. With all the rolling around on the floor he does, it would appear that he wants his belly rubbed, but when I go in for the lovin' he denies me every time, retreating to his attic safe place. This general disregard for me just makes me want his approval more, unfortunately :) He does love treats (who doesn't really?), and tents to hide less if I offer up some tidbits o' food.
Stop by and say hello if you're in the neighborhood!

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Have you tried catnip with Easter Bunny?

jess said...

Ooooh, Gina, you're a genius! I have tons of catnip too 'cause Frank loves the stuff. I'm going to try that immediately.....