Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jewelry update.....

As most of you know, I'm a total lover of all things jewelry. The funkier, the better. I definitely gravitate towards silver pieces, but I have been known to embrace gold every now and again. I had a birthday a few months ago and received some great stuff from my sister. I had been eyeing this ring by Amy Moore Designs for several months! Chris nailed it with this birch bark texture ring, totally in love with it. According to the artist, in both Celtic and Native American traditions, the birch tree symbolizes new beginnings and cleansing of the past. And after the year I've had (read: Gall McBladderson), I'm going to give that symbolism a big fat "right on!"
Chris also sprung for these super cool earrings by one of my favorite jewelry creators....MarKhed Design. They are anatomical hearts, and they are my newest go-to earrings. I go through phases with earrings, and these are in full swing at the moment. This rib cage with heart necklace is also the shizz. Thanks for the birthday goodies, Tinner!! Love my big sis!!
The summer edition of Urban Craft Uprising was earlier this month. Both Chris and I agreed that it seemed a lot edgier than the fair last December. You're looking at the proud owner of a fancy mustache necklace by Idle Hands Designs. I saw it at the December Urban Craft and didn't buy it, but have thought about it ever since. What am I going to do with a mustache necklace, you might ask? The question should be what am I not going to do with a mustache necklace? Because I'm going to rock this freakin' 'stache all over town! Also like these Starry Night vintage noir glass button earrings by the same artist.
I also picked up this little cutie. Loving anything orange right now. This will be a great necklace for work. Just a peak of sparkly color to jazz up my monkey suit.

What have you indulged in lately?

No comments: