Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ten Things.....Vacation Edition......

So, I'm on vacation right now, and I'm super relaxed. I have that lazy-person glow about me, and I'm embracing it, in a big way. Here are some of the things I've been up to as of late......

1. Playing Greenwood Car Show Bingo. What is that you ask? Well, its a bingo game that we played (sorta) during the Greenwood Car Show a few weekends ago. It was hilarious. A co-worker came up with the idea, and created a bingo card.... basically it is people watching bingo. We had to find the following:
-absurdly large and vicious looking dog
-exhausted wife & kids trailing along with super gung-ho dad
-blonde with: sunglasses, backless high heels, large purse, teeny dog, and cell phone
-fierce looking dude with neck tattoo pushing baby in stroller
-mullet (4+ inches
-middle aged guy with "jaunty" hat
-tube top (male or female)
-old couple with matching shirts
-two sisters with 5+ mismatched children
-muscle shirt (aka spouse beater)
-pasty white shirtless guy with beer gut
-toothless stoned guy who thinks he's somewhere else
-daisy dukes with middrift shirt (male or female)
-muffin top (2+ inches)
Obviously, I couldn't find a replica of our exact bingo game online, but this hipster bingo card is similar. I'm sure you get the idea. I may be printing this hipster bingo card out for my various nights out in Ballard, I'm sure you'd be hearing me yell BINGO! all night long. Ballard is hipster heaven these days.
2. Lord, there are so many movies I want to see at the moment. At home I have Inglourious Basterds and Zombieland from Netflix. I think I might hit up some Zombieland tonight. Everyone I know that has seen it thinks it is super awesome. Also on my list of movies I want to see: Alice in Wonderland, Remember Me (yes, I'm sure it's terrible, but I still want to see R. Pattz hotness), Hot Tub Time Machine (also heard from a few sources this ended up sucking, but still want to check it out, The Blind Side, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Up in the Air, Precious, so many more....some of which I don't want to admit to wanting to see on this public blog :)

3. Another movie I want to see? Eclipse! Still haven't seen it, and I've heard from Kim that it is the best Twilight movie thus far. Must see soon. I don't want to wait around to see Remember Me to get my R.Pattz eye candy fix. P.S. Bella is boring. Really Edward?!? You really waited your whole life for her? I'm not sure I buy it.
4. Ray LaMontagne. Marymoor Park. September 12th. Just got my tickets in the mail, and I'm so incredibly excited. I love this man. See below. This man's facial hair makes my heart go pitter pat. Gossip in the Grain is an amazing album, you should check it out. Favorite tracks? Of course I love the popular "You Are The Best Thing", also love "I Still Care For You", "Winter Birds", and "Meg White"..... really, I love the whole album. He's playing with David Gray at the show, unfortunately I know nothing about David Gray. I'm hoping Ray plays first so if David Gray sucks I can skate out early without feeling too bad.
5. In an effort to not die of skin cancer, I decided to get a mystic tan the other day. It didn't last very long and it seemed super blotchy. Plus, it seemed more orange than brown. I'll try it again, but I'm not convinced I like it. Anyone have any self tanning lotions or gels they love? I want to know about them. Its freaking mid-July people, I should be bronze by now.

6. Newest celebrity crush? Daniel Tosh, comedian and host of Comedy Central's Tosh.0. This show is ridiculously funny. I had first seen Daniel Tosh in his hour long comedy special "Completely Serious" a few years back, and I thought he was uber funny. Then I saw he was hosting this show, basically kinda like E!'s The Soup, except instead of making fun of TV, he's making fun of internet videos. Totally cracks me up. Line that made me almost pee myself...."I'm gonna tongue punch your mom's fart box, then go read a book."
7. My sis and I went to Urban Craft Uprising this past weekend. It was awesome. I bought two necklaces, which I'll show you in a different blog post. I'll do a recent jewelry acquisitions post because I got a couple sweet Etsy items from my sister for my birthday. This Urban Craft seemed a lot better than the last one in December. A little less crowded, and a lot edgier stuff. This was definitely not your grandmother's church bizarre. I managed to pick up a lot of business cards from various artists, I'm hoping to check out there Etsy pages, maybe add them to my favorites. I'm in the market for a cool locket, gold or silver, so if you know of any cool locket creators, please let me know.

8. True Blood Season 3 has started. The first episode had me wondering if this season was going to be a bust, but the last few episodes have been awesome. Can't wait to see more of Eric (of course!) and Alcide (super hot werewolf!!). Sookie still has a broke-ass face, so nothing has changed in that department. I'm reading the 7th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, and I much prefer the Sookie in the books to the Sookie on television.
9. An old friend was in town for a few days this week, visiting from Hong Kong. He gave me a *great* idea for a Halloween costume for Milo...... A vacuum. I love it. I need to start making the costume now so he can win a prize at the Howl-O-Ween party this year. I really want to take him to the party because that is where we first met and fell in love. Or at least I fell in love with him at that moment, it took him a few months to fall in love with me. Anyway, I think he'll make a great Dirt Devil.
10. Cyn's birthday was this past weekend, we celebrated part of her special day at The Baranof in Greenwood. We've been there before for their karaoke and awesome people watching. If you are looking to make yourself feel better about your less than stellar existance, a karaoke night at The 'Nof will do just that. Usually there are one or two people that actually do an awesome job up at the mic, but mostly it is people that are looking to just have fun, while keeping their day jobs. There was one guy on Saturday night that was quite exceptional. He had the looks of Adam Levine (think longer hair though) from Maroon 5, but, oddly, the song choices of Michael McDonald. He was like the king of smooth jazz, seriously..... and the ladies were loving him. I was kinda on the fence until he busted out "Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer. Oooh baby, every girl in that place only had eyes for him at that moment. Including myself. It was a fun night. Kyle and I were going to sing Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans" if we ever got buzzed enough, but that didn't happen. Side bar: new favorite mixed drink? Malibu Rum and ginger ale. Thanks Foil.

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Love the Hipster Bingo. That is a must. BTW we own Fantastic Mr. Fox, and it is indeed Fantastic. Come over.

Amy L. said...

FYI, white-boy afro can be found in Rochester...er, Grand Mound. Paul calls him "Head." Seriously. Looks. Gigantic. In. That. 'Fro. (And pull your dang pants up, boy, before you trip yourself.)

Jon Foil said...

I finally got a shout-out on your blog! I say we hit the Capital Hill Block Party and play Hipster Bingo!